Upon completion of the course, the student should understand and be able to apply:
– The basic elements of gun safety-attitude, knowledge, and skills
– The fundamental rules of safe gun handling
– How to identify, load and unload different types of firearms
– The different types and uses of ammunition
– How to clean and care for guns
– Factors for evaluating gun storage options
– Child safety
The Paxton Police Department offers a Basic Firearms Safety Course to both in town and out of town residents.
Our certified instructors teach all of the material needed to obtain a (LTC) License to Carry Permit in the state of Massachusetts.
***At this time there is a $50.00 fee to attend this training***
Checks are to made out to the “Town of Paxton”
For more information contact:
Sergeant James Dugan at email@example.com
Officer Robert Noone at firstname.lastname@example.org
Officer Mark Belliveau at email@example.com